"Many a live wire would be a dead one except for his connections" - Wilson Mizner

I've been wanting...for quite some time now...in an admittedly rather vague, "let's not rush things" kind of way...to start wearing a vintage African wire bracelet that has been languishing (generally unworn) in my jewelry box since my mid-teens. Memory fades as to where it came from...but I remember falling for it...and its potential history...the moment I laid eyes on it.

Unfortunately, it was too thin to wear on its own...and managed to fade into obscurity when worn with anything else. Until now...when sandwiched between two (extremely inexpensive) bracelets from (insert groan and "oh God, not again" here) Cost Plus...it gains a certain gravity.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • 7:59 PM
    Very very interesting post..I like this one. gotta bookmark this one.
  • 5:33 AM
    I found a great deal of helpful info here!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...