"I never cared for fashion much, amusing little seams and witty little pleats: it was the girls I liked." - David Bailey

Do you remember in the A-Team…when, thanks to a fortuitous combination of luck and lead piping, everything ends well (if a little explosively)…and George Peppard (aka Hannibal Smith) turns to the camera and says “I love it when a plan comes together”? Well, I just had an A-Team moment…with a skirt. No lead piping was involved, but there was a lot of luck.

Exhibit A…is Zucca’s pleated jersey skirt…which caught my eye as I was browsing the latest additions to La Garconne’s offerings…but was crossed off all my mental shopping lists (except the “wait till it goes on sale for 90% off”) because it was simply too expensive.
Photobucket

Exhibit B…a remarkably similar skirt than I found on a sale rack at Zara in Houston…for $9.99 (one of the few times that a business trip has provided the luxury of free time and a mall within walking distance).

Photobucket

Cue explosions…the lighting of a short, stubby, cigar…and…”I love it when a plan comes together”…

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • pathrecords said...
    3:04 PM
    Pretty helpful material, thanks so much for the article.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...